The East Caribbean Financial Holding Company (ECFH) is the bold embodiment of its stated vision, Global Growth from Local Roots. ECFH is the proud product of a merger of two financial institutions, the then National Commercial Bank (NCB), and the Saint Lucia Development Bank (SLDB) in 2001. The merger objectives were to provide a broader range of banking, financial and related services at a lower cost and a higher level of efficiency than was previously provided by these institutions operating independently. The Group instantly became Saint Lucia’s leading financial institution.
ECFH has grown into the island’s largest financial services provider enjoying a dominant share of the banking market and other financial service areas:
- Serving as an efficient and complete financial service provider of general insurance, offshore banking and domestic banking.
- Encouraging and mobilizing savings.
- Financing commercial, personal and development loans.
- Developing relevant financial products and services to serve the needs of the economy.
- Promoting economic development.
- Facilitating the growth of the nascent capital market.
- Fostering entrepreneurship.
- Taking a lead in positively influencing the financial sector in particular, and the economy in general.
- To be customer-focused, innovative, and efficient.
- To be the preferred provider of superior financial products and services through caring, professional staff and appropriate technology.
- To exceed shareholder expectations and be a catalyst for development.
Global Growth from Local Roots.